Saturday, February 2, 2008

So you want an idea of how overwhelmed I am with my book? I have to edit through 2,800 pages of microsoft word, at 9pt font. It's not necessarily that my book is encompassed by all that, but I do know that in order to get an idea of what direction my book is taking, I have to read through what I've already written. And I have to sift through the mundane, and search for what themes I want in my book. Do you realize how much that is? If it was at 12pt font, it would be at least 4,000, possible 5,000 microsoft word pages. And those are full pages. A book is double that amount because the pages are smaller.

I have written a lot, in the past three and a half years. Yes, a lot of mundane things. But my book has the word Thoughts in it, and so these are, exactly that. My thoughts.

I wanted to print it out so that I could work with the words away from my computer, but, there are just simply too many pages. So now I have to read it like an ebook. Yuck.

No comments: