Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I had a dream that I was a penguin. Well, I don't know, I can't quite remember. See, I was going to enter the olympics. I think it had something to do with swimming. And I had this superhuman ability. I don't mean super strong, I mean the way a cat can jump up on a cabinet - whereas a human does not have that ability - thus, superhuman. But it seemed to have something to do with penguins. Cause I remember telling somebody that I had practiced a lot but in some.. unconventional way.

I want to say in a dream. Like I had practiced in a dream and in that dream or within my practicing, I had become a penguin. And I knew that during the actual olympics, I could not turn into a penguin because people can't turn into penguins in real life, at least to my knowledge. And I hadn't found a way around that. I think I was considering that I could probably still dive in a superior way, so that's what I'd do at the olympics.

It's really hard to make a dream sound credible because dream logic is not the same as real logic. I'm sure the combination of subconscious symbols in a storyline doesn't always resemble the sensible world. I don't know how or why penguins or olympics. I just remember the impressions of each.

I often have dreams that I'm in fictional worlds. Like I'm a character in Charmed, or Harry Potter or Remington Steele. The last two I've had this week. The one where I was in Remington Steele was action packed, as the show is. I couldn't possibly detail the details because they weren't logical, remember? It was just a lot of running and an intricate setting and a lot of characters. And the one with Harry Potter was not so much Harry Potter, actually as, now that I think about it Charmed. It's just that I had magic, but I had a wand and the spell that I said was from Harry Potter, because it was the only one my subconscious could imagine -- the words, that is. But what I was trying to do was different.

I think I also wrapped my legs around someone and forced them to topple over, that isn't magic but it's effective. I don't remember why or how we were being bombarded. Or who. I just remember that when I was sending out my spells, the difficulty was that I couldn't tell who were the good guys (with me) and who were the bad guys. They'd been all mixed up. Sort of like what would happen if a group of people were undercover within another group of people and the second group of people found out and attacked but everybody was all mixed up and it's hard to have a defense when you're all over the place - and I don't know why I couldn't tell who was on my side.

No comments: