Saturday, January 12, 2008

My school sent me a letter asking me if I want to be a tutor, which I actually thought about doing at the end of last semester. You get paid for it, and I love teaching and even though I don't know as much as you'd think, I have a capability to understand a lot, and help others understand it too. I suppose I would tutor the classes I've already taken, like General Psychology or Sociology, maybe Western Philosophy too and to be honest, I'd be completely able to tutor Forensic Science. I'd tutor Child Adolescence if I could. I haven't taken the class yet, and thus can't be sure if I could really help anybody else but as I said, I'm a quick learner and I'm taking it this semester.

But I needed this standardized letter telling me I'm a real asset to my school. My self-worth has been low. What with getting my license suspended, not being able to sing lol, and not making the Dean's List. Which means that I have a lowish grade in at least one of the classes, probably Western Civilization. Damn him and his queer final exam.

I just needed an ego stroke, I suppose. I don't know what it takes for them to send you a letter suggesting you tutor, if it's your grades or if somebody recommends you. Or maybe they just send it to everybody with a couple semesters in their trunk. It doesn't matter, it makes me feel good.

Suddenly, today has become a good day. Liking yourself just gives you a satisfying energy that's with you, no matter what you're doing. I forgot. I told Dan that I was finding it hard to get used to my boring, quiet life again, after NYC. But the reason I find it so easy to have a boring, quiet life is that even if what I'm doing is boring, who I am while I'm doing it isn't. I enjoy being me, thus, I enjoy lounging around the house when I'll I've got to keep me company is me, myself and I... and perhaps a movie or a book or some food mm. It works for me. My peace, my space, my self.

No comments: