Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh maaaan. I was so busy feeling sorry for my awkwardness I forgot to speak of the good things.

We were talking about books (my modern fiction professor), because I told her I spent my vacation reading and that I was in the middle of reading the book she had recommended to me. And I told her that I had read 70 novels and short stories since last September (4.5 months). And she was impressed and told me she'd be interested to see my list, since I told her I wasn't really sure what I'd read since I can hardly think of them all at once unless I'm reminded of the titles, which is why I keep a list.

And then as she saw Wodehouse in my arms and I remarked that many my age didn't know him, she said Where did you come from? And it was a compliment. She meant, you have different tastes than a teenager. And we all know I do. It's the best compliment to be identified as bizarre. lol.

But I have been pretty impressive. With my analysis of Barn Burning and memorizing 110 lines of poetry to do in front of the class and my 70 books-read-list and the.. I would say range of topics that I read. Because I do read a lot of teenage books, a lot of mysteries, a few well known books like Eragon and HP and a few classics and a bunch of lesbian novels :p and etc...

90% of all the books I've read have been made into a movie at one point or another... But I like that, because it's no use telling someone you've read some abstract book that nobody has ever heard of.

So anyway, back to my tea.

I hope Isis comes to visit me in the morning.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH I FIGURED IT OUT! My door. I just thought of why each night I close it so that it's not closed all the way. I only thought of it now because it's at the same hour that I usually go to bed, and the thing is, it's silent, right? So instead of pushing the door shut so that the wall forces that little thingie to get pushed in and then pop back out once the door is in place (do you get my meaning?) I turn the doorknob so that I can hear this scrunching up nose and then I softly release it, so that it doesn't make a loud noise since it's like 5 AM. And then I lock it but the thing is, it's not in place, the long tongue thing that sticks out has not fully been released from my wind up.

I TESTED IT. And I did it three times in a row where I closed it and then pulled it open without turning it and it came open.

So now that the mystery has been explained. And I'm glad to know it doesn't happen during the day because that's when I need the most privacy. I bang it shut during the day. I'm sure Isis likes to be able to open the door with a simple push. She's been trying and trying to pull on the knob, she can just barely reach but she hasn't gotten the hang of the turning aspect of it so it's to no avail and thing is, she loves opening and shutting doors... she doesn't always shut it all the way so she can open it back up but she particularly seems to like to lock us out of the room, she's always shutting doors in our faces, locking us out of our own rooms as best she can. :) And then she yells OPEN UP in baby-speak.

Ah, truly good times..

P.S. My hair is totally growing back. Today it looked so long in contrast to my thin torso, especially when the hair was wet. When it's dry it expands horizontally and then it looks like a square. But when it's wet it looks like a rectangle, with a great length to the vertical, disproportioned to the horizontal. I LOVE IT. Keep growing. Even though it doesn't exactly suit my face. I don't care... I love long pony tails. :)

No comments: