Friday, May 23, 2008

So Kristen IMs me with a link to The Daily Mail for Greene County News.

News

Seven charged in ATV blast
By Colin DeVries

CATSKILL — Seven people were charged after an investigation alleged that they had blown up an all-terrain vehicle and damaged other items while partying on private property.

The Greene County Sheriff’s Department charged Brian S. Shultis, 19, of Catskill, and Wayne L. Taylor, 20, of Catskill, with arson, criminal mischief and criminal trespass.

Michael K. Stough, 18, also of Jefferson Heights, Catskill, was charged with criminal trespass.

Four 17-year-olds, three from Coxsackie and one from Smith’s Landing, were also brought in on charges ranging from criminal trespass, petit larceny and giving a false written statement.

The investigation uncovered that on the evening of May 10, into the early morning hours of May 11, the group allegedly entered a privately owned camping and hunting area on Valley Road in Athens. They intended to use the site to throw a party and drink alcohol, the sheriff’s office said.

The sheriff’s office alleges that while on the property the individuals broke into a shed and removed an ATV and other property.

Over the course of the party, the individuals destroyed property, including the ATV which had been tossed into a bonfire, causing a minor explosion, according to the sheriff’s office. The vehicle was found melted down to the frame.

The individuals also attempted to start a Jeep that was near the campsite but were unsuccessful, the sheriff’s office said.

“I commend Investigator Rich Selner on his diligent case work and ensuring that the individuals involved in this incident were quickly arrested,” said Sheriff Greg Seeley in a statement. “We are thankful that no one was injured by the careless and irresponsible actions of these young people. I am hopeful that these individuals realize the seriousness of their actions and understand that such behavior is not only criminal, but will not be tolerated in Greene County.”

Shultis and Taylor were both arraigned in Athens Town Court and each ordered held in the Greene County Jail in lieu of $1,500 bail. Stough and the 17-year-olds were all issued appearance tickets for Athens Town Court.

An investigation into the incident is ongoing and additional arrests are pending, the sheriff’s office said.




The "Michael K Stough" that they are referring to is the one and only Mike - that I've been talking about this entire time.

[01:18] call me krit: http://www.thedailymail.net/articles/2008/05/23/news/news3.txt
[01:18] IAMSpartacus117: hi.
[01:18] IAMSpartacus117: to you too.
[01:18] call me krit: Ha, read it!
[01:18] IAMSpartacus117: omg!
[01:18] call me krit: Lol, now do you know why I didn't say Hi?
[01:18] call me krit: :-P
[01:18] IAMSpartacus117: Jeezus.
[01:19] IAMSpartacus117: When I heard on the news that some guy had drowned or whatever in Catskill, I was thinking, it could so easily be Mike, like, one day I'm going to hear about him on the news. And it's going to be freaky.
[01:20] call me krit: Haha.
[01:20] IAMSpartacus117: But he was only charged with trespassing.
[01:20] call me krit: Yeah, but, still.
[01:20] call me krit: I was like, "WOAH! Hey, Mike."
[01:20] call me krit: Well, first I was like, "Where do I know that name?"
[01:20] call me krit: Duh.
[01:20] IAMSpartacus117: That's sad.
[01:20] IAMSpartacus117: He should have stayed with me.
[01:20] IAMSpartacus117: It's been nothing but trouble ever since we broke up.
[01:21] call me krit: So true.
[01:21] IAMSpartacus117: then again, we could look at it as, it's lucky I got out of the relationship, because he probably would have started getting into trouble anyway, and then I would have had to be the girlfriend of a maniac.
[01:22] IAMSpartacus117: Either way, it's sad. His record is piling up and I wouldn't wish that on him.
[01:22] call me krit: Yeah, it kind of stinks, but, it's him that makes the bad choices.
[01:22] call me krit: He could easily stay away from that crap.
[01:23] IAMSpartacus117: I don't think it's that easy.
[01:23] call me krit: Well, I know that he is friends with them, so it would probably involve losing friendships.
[01:23] IAMSpartacus117: I mean, I think it's a mixture of karma and issues with his personality that he's trying to work through. like authority issues.
[01:23] call me krit: But, idk.
[01:24] IAMSpartacus117: I mean, obviously, he could just STOP VANDALIZING SHIT. but, he's doing it for reasons that aren't that easy to just subtract from his personality.
[01:26] call me krit: :-\
[01:27] IAMSpartacus117: :(
[01:27] call me krit: It sucks.
[01:29] IAMSpartacus117: c'est la vie. your ex is gay. mine's a criminal. That's why they're exes.

Actually, I have like five criminal exes. Not to say that I think that they're criminals, but the court system does, at least.

Poor Mike.

And now Kristen's telling me she has a crush on me.

I only say it so blase cause she's always had a crush on me, but I've always felt like it doesn't mean that much to her. Like I feel pressured, but before I know it she's moved on.

No comments: