Sunday, November 11, 2007

I woke up in a very cheery mood this morning. Can't say why. Maybe my body elemental is happy. lol. I'm just all smiles. Despite the fact that Amelia ate my friggen cereal all up....

Hmmm.. I turned on Stereophonics: Have a Nice Day. Perfect song to listen to with my mood...

I have to get finished with memorizing this poem. It's really easy though. Our time was extended because she wanted to go to the library last Thursday so now it's due on Tuesday...

.... that seems to be my pattern this morning.

Me reciting The Raven was really good because it dealt with all the themes we were going through. We had just finished love poems and were moving into serious grief poems. Yeah, The Raven is exactly both. And plus the reason I was reciting it is because someone had a request for a Halloween poem and Edgar Allen Poe is a famous horror teller, although The Raven isn't quite so horrific, The Raven is a bit creepy.

But plus, we have a paper due on Thursday... we have three topic choices but one of them is to read The Composition of Philosophy??? It's an essay that Poe wrote, mostly about his thought processes in creating The Raven. I'm surprised more people aren't doing it. Was I that bad in introducing the beautiful poem? It did have some heavy language they're probably keen to ignore. They're going on to Sylvia Plath's poem. Curses. I don't like her.

Truth be told, I don't like Poe either. I hate horror. I hate creators of horror. I respect his creative genius but not with the way he uses it. At least by way of his short stories. Most of his poems are pretty cool. I was going to memorize another of his, it's really intensely complicated. I have no idea what it means, starting with the title. Crazy words. I couldn't pronounce half of them. But I also wanted to do a Greek poem cause something intrigues me about Ancient Greece. Past life, maybe. In any case I found a good Greek poem so sorry Poe. It would have been difficult to memorize his poem anyway...

No comments: