Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I think I sleep to avoid my parents...

All summer long I've been sleeping soo much more than I should. I can tell when I wake up with a headache and I feel crummy. It hasn't happened this past week.

It's like, my body tells me "no more" but I go, fuck it. And go back to sleep. And when I go back to sleep with this mindset, I can sleep for so many hours. I think while my parents were gone, I wanted to be awake.

Today, I was a little tired and I may have gone to sleep anyway, because I woke up a little too early but my parents came home just as I was falling asleep and I remember not wanting to hear the sounds of their suitcases coming in. I remember distinctly wanting to go to sleep so I could avoid that, avoid them. And now I've woken up with a headache and I realize I didn't want to be sleeping for that long, my body didn't want to pass out all afternoon.

It's like, I can handle being bored. But I can't handle being bored with a disquiet. Like if I'm unsettled, I sleep to escape that. And now I've realized that I didn't have that unsettled feeling when my parents were gone.

No comments: