Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HA! I was going to tell John, in response, that when he goes to New Jersey and leaves me behind in body, that he should also leave me behind in mind. Meaning, we'll have no physical connection anymore, so neither should we have a mental or communicative connection. Or in even more simplistic terms, "stop messaging me".

But then I fell asleep and once I'd woken up, most of the reactive emotions had drained away... So I ended up saying, "K, have fun. ta." And only that.

The epitome of casual. I'm so happy I didn't give a response oozing with emotion. Because either it portrays evidence of positive emotion or it portrays evidence of negative emotion... but either way, it tells him that I feel for him.

Which, in all fairness, I actually do. But not for long. He's moving, he's out of my life, I don't see any productive future in having any sort of emotion for him, either anger or love. So leaving it in a way that tells him I have no emotion anymore, leads the way for whats inevitably to come.. that it will be true. And whether it takes months, weeks or hours to get over him doesn't make a difference.

I like to be emotionally accurate and I'm slowly learning that there isn't really an emotionally accurate reference and that the emotional norms are stupid too. So, fuck it. The end result is the same and I'm going to let all things go early on.

No comments: