Saturday, September 8, 2007

I cannot name all fifty states. I forget some of them. I did this a few months ago and then afterwards I went through and said duh to all the ones I'd forgotten. But now I've forgotten some all over again.

After I wrote down like 30 of them quickly.. and I concentrated to try to think of the others, I came up with: Arizona, Massachusetts, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Wyoming, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Almost forgot those.

And then I knew I couldn't get anymore no matter how hard I tried. So I went to look up a list of the states and I saw Arkansas, Iowa and Kansas. And then remembered Oklahoma, cause Kansas reminds me of Dorothy and Toto and that's why I should have remembered it. Same with Oklahoma, since our school did the play. And then I saw Maryland, Nebraska and Pennsylvania. pshh.

I can see why I forgot Arkansas, Iowa and Nebraska. What are those states? They all make me think of corn. But you know what? Corn is everywhere anyway! So isn't that sad...

I should have remembered Maryland. I forgot that Delaware and Rhode Island have another neighbor, when I was going over that section in my head. And I don't know about Pennsylvania. It seems like a well-known state but truthfully I haven't been sight-seeing there, which surprises me because my parents usually take me to well-known things like the Liberty Bell. So even though I've passed through, Pennsylvania isn't really on my radar.

I think I forgot it last time too, although I was pretty dumb that day. I remember forgetting Arizona, psh, that's a wonderment.. and Washington... when I was trying to remember the four corners I thought Oregon was in that corner.

So next time, I might still forget the corn states but I won't forget Kansas, Oklahoma, Maryland and Pennsylvania, for sure. You know I was really close to forgetting New Jersey. Of all the states New Yorkians should know, I'd think New Jersey would be top on the list. Just because NYC is the center of attention and we know that New Jersey is right across from it. Plus, John was talking about moving there just a week ago.

No comments: